After a successful first edition, Rockstart has opened applications for their second Smart Energy Accelerator that will kick off in January 2015. Apply before October 7!
Rockstart Smart Energy Accelerator is a programme designed to support startups. Help them create, develop and market their innovative products better, faster and more successfully, allowing them to navigate the challenging and difficult early stages of starting up.
Rockstart Smart Energy Accelerator is a programme designed to support startups. Help them create, develop and market their innovative products better, faster and more successfully, allowing them to navigate the challenging and difficult early stages of starting up. The Rockstart Smart Energy accelerator was launched in January 2014 in Amsterdam and it was the first programme in Europe to apply acceleration principles for startups in the intersection of IT and energy.
This year Rockstart is looking for top-notch teams with a global ambition that build innovative solutions in, for example, the areas of smart homes, meters & grids, collective and decentralised energy generation & distribution, energy reduction and energy usage awareness & behavior. Apply before October 7!
The program will run for an intensive six month period, packed with workshops and sessions (group, team and one-to-one) from over 80 expert mentors and several of our partners. During the first three months the program is focused on challenging founders’ assumptions, building the product and prepping their business pitch for Demo Day. Demo Day is the first milestone of the programme, where startups showcase their business to more than 250 investors, executives and press.
After Demo Day, the program focuses on fundraising, closing partner deals and PR. Throughout the whole program, the CEOs of the 10 startups go on tour abroad where they start building a relevant international network. Read more about the program here.
What startups get:
- €20,000 in cash to focus on building the business while getting started - in exchange for 8% equity.
- In kind investment of €55,000, which covers the costs of office space, incorporation, legal and fiscal support for six months, software, international trip costs etc.
- Office for 6 months in the heart of Amsterdam next to 50 international startups. Take a virtual tour of the space.
- Intensive coaching from over 80 expert mentors: successful entrepreneurs, industry executives & specialists. In many cases, mentors have joined our startups’ board, become their clients or even investors after the program. See full list of mentors here.
- Support on legal & fiscal topics to avoid the hassle and focus on building the business.
- With a great mix of industry programme partners startups have access to the right knowledge and networks.
- Connections to the right investors through several investor and pitching events, including Rockstart’s highlight inhouse Demo Day where startups pitch in front of more than 250 investors & VIPs.
- International road trip to smart energy hot spots to meet potential investors, customers, startups & partners. We will make sure you get to the industry events you should be going to. Read more on the programme page.
The following trips are already confirmed and more are in the pipeline:
- World Smart Energy Week in Tokyo, February 25-27th 2015
- Cleantech Forum in San Francisco, March 16-18th 2015
- EcoSummit in Berlin, June 16-17th 2015
- Exclusive deals. Have a look here.
Any questions about the program or/and want to meet us in person?
Please visit the FAQ section on the Rockstart website or request a call/meeting with the Smart Energy Program Director Yme Bosma.
What is Rockstart?
Rockstart helps startups to be more successful in their first 1.000 days. Rockstart runs 2 vertical Accelerator Programs (6 months pressure cooker) in the Web/Mobile and Smart Energy field, Rockstart Answers (smart Q&A for entrepreneurs), Rockstart Spaces (workplaces), Rockstart Academy (education) and Rockstart Campus (students). Since 2011 Rockstart has supported over 1.000 entrepreneurs spread over 36 nationalities.
The first Rockstart Accelerator launched in 2012 and has accelerated 40 startups in four programs in the Web/Mobile and the Smart Energy space. The earlier two Web/Mobile Accelerators have shown good results: 70% of the two batches of startups have been funded by investors like Greylock P
Rockstart & Postcode Lottery Green Challenge
Last year, Rockstart successfully trained and coached six Postcode Lottery Green Challenge (PLGC) finalist teams during a 10 day pressure cooker program designed to boost their business: the Green Challenge Deep Dive (GCDD). This hands-on program was especially designed for the finalist teams of the PLGC applying proven startup accelerator methodologies to give the participating teams top-level individual, team and business support.
Rockstart will run the GCDD again for the 2014 finalist teams in March of 2015. Rockstart prepared the this year’s finalists to present on stage, by providing them with pitch training before the Award Ceremony on the 11th of September.